Mrs. Mary Anne Lee's mashed potatoes

4 Idaho potatoes (peeled and quartered)
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons butter
½ cup cream
Salt and pepper
In a large pot of boiling water place potatoes and salt and simmer until tender. Remove potatoes from water and let steam dry for 15 minutes. Place in a bowl and mash with butter, cream, salt and pepper. Serve warm.

I miss my wife's creamy mashed potatoes. When my daughters were young, they would love to help her cook as much as they could. I watched as they would boil the potatoes and measure out the cream and butter that we had bought fresh from the market. I want to see them again but I know that this war will not be over any time soon. The confederacy's holding on strong and I don't think they will be giving up. I shall gather what I can to create the potatoes for my troops.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1864

Enrollment